Monday, June 21, 2010

My First Pinwheel Quilt


Here is my first pinwheel quilt. I love pinwheel quilts so I had to make one, and I LOVE the fabric Darla by Tanya Whelan. So I put the two together and this is what I came up with. I'm keeping this one for myself! I even hand stitched on the binding instead of sewing it on.
This was the biggest quilt I have stippled so far. It turned out nicely thanks to my sewing machine.

Here is a picture of just the top piece finished.

Another project I finally finished. I used a 12"x 24" canvas and painted it a grey with a hint of blue. Then I sanded it a little. I glued the pictures onto black craft foam for dimension and glued it onto the canvas (the glue I used is Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive, worked great). Then lastly Connie made me the vinyl lettering. An easy project that I'm glad I finally finished. What handsome boys!



Tanner was invited to a B-day party for a girl, so I whipped up a purse for her. I think it turned out cute, she's nine years old and she seemed to like it.

3 comments: