Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Month Is Here


Yesterday, Preston and I decorated the house with hearts for "Love Month".  We rolled strips of paper, curling the ends, then I taped them together and strung them up from the ceiling on fishing line.


 Then we taped up hearts to the kitchen cabinets.  The boys and I made them years ago, sewing the paper hearts together.  The idea came from a magazine either Better Homes and Garden or Country Living, I'm guessing.




 I also made some roses with red felt and glued them to a styrofoam ball.  I just wish I had painted the styrofoam first, you can see the white in the cracks. 


I finally dressed up my newly painted hutch.  I used some of my Mary Engelbreit collection and some plates that I had bought secondhand for a great deal.  I will be changing it out when I find just the right pieces, but for now it works for me.


 I love buntings so I had to make a miniature pedant bunting with some of my favorite fabric scraps, and I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment