Monday, April 11, 2011

Recycled Jeans


Our family goes through A LOT of jeans.  I have a hard time just throwing them away, so I've been stashing them for years planning to make a quilt someday. I thought it was about time to use some and I needed a project to work on anyways.  So this is what I came up with.  I used 12 fat quarters from my stash, Look and Learn by American Jane.


My kids feel left out because we don't keep most of the quilts I make.  But I wanted to keep this one so I tried to use the least girly fabric I had.  My husband thinks it's still girly because of the floral fabrics, but I like the oranges and blues...close enough.


I also needed a new purse for Spring.  I didn't use a pattern, but I knew what I wanted it to look like, so it's not perfect, but I like it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you have tons of jeans, it is great that you are a quilter and can get even more use out of them.

    Love the new purse. You made that without a pattern? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete