Friday, August 16, 2013

A Tulip Quilt for Julianna

 
I recently finished my niece's quilt I've been working on for quite sometime.  We went to Washington in July and I wanted to hand deliver it.  She just turned 3yrs old yesterday, so I'm a little late on the "baby" quilt.  Her crib bedding I made a few years ago was with Moda's Soiree fabric by Lila Tueller, so I used a Jelly Roll in the same fabric to make her quilt.  It's close to a twin size quilt so she shouldn't out grow it for a while.  I love it, I think it turn out beautifully even with a few imperfections.  I saw an inspiration photo of a quilt and copied the design.  I free-motion quilted it and used a turquoise fabric for the backing.




Happy Birthday Julianna!

3 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!! Oh my gosh, I just so happen to have a Jelly Roll in my stash. I love the idea and the white background is perfect, makes the tulips pop!

    Nice work and the quilting is fabulous!!

    How much background fabric did you need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saimi! I don't remember how much fabric I used for the background. But it's with 2.5" strips just like the jellyroll. You could try 1.5 to 2 yards and get more if needed.

      Delete