Thursday, April 29, 2010

Utah and Another Girly Quilt

Last weekend my wonderful husband let me get away to Utah to see friends and family. It was a short, but sweet trip. Here are some pictures of the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point that Kathleen and I went to. The weather was perfect! The flowers were beautiful! One of the best parts was they had Kettle Korn, mmmmmmm, my favorite.


Kathleen and her family just adopted a sweet Ethiopian baby girl. I went to the baby shower and gave her a quilt I made her using Swanky Layer Cake and a pattern from Moda Bake Shop. I'm still just a beginner quilter, but this pattern was easy to whip up. I attempted to stipple the quilt with my new machine and it did wonderful. I love how it turned out.






I appliqued Sitota's name on the quilt. Sitota is an Ethiopian name meaning Gift of God. She is such a good, sweet, adorable baby.


Like the last quilt I made, I machine stitched on the binding, easy and looks good, I think.



My boys had their pinewood derby race with the Cub Scouts. Tanner's car did quite well, and Spencer...well... he's done better in the past, but they all had fun.



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to have a little getaway, you deserve it. The quilt is beautiful, you did such a wonderful job.

    The pinewood derby was fun, your boys were so cute and such good sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dang! We SO should have taken photos while you were here. :( Bad thinking on my part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you an award. Go to my blog for instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that little girl is cute!

    ReplyDelete