Friday, November 12, 2010

Simple Placemats and Coasters

I'm still working here and there on a few things for Connie's bazaar next weekend. If you're in the area, this is a wonderful bazaar and Connie's booth is always packed with shoppers because she is so talented and makes the greatest things. This year I'm trying not to buy any supplies, but use what I already have. If you've been in a bazaar before, you know that if you put too much time and money into your crafts, you won't recover your costs or time. So like these placemats, I kept them simple. I used two coordinating fat quarters to make a set, plus the backing fabric.
A few more, I made 12 total, I'm going to sell them in sets of two.

Then, I couldn't waste the scraps, so I made some coasters. As I was making these, I thought coasters would be a great Christmas gift for a school teacher. I have the perfect scraps to use too.

I have something else I'm working on that I will be sharing soon. I may need to go to the store and buy a few supplies to finish them up though...that's okay, they'll be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment