Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gifts


I wanted to share a couple of things I made for Christmas gifts this year.  First, I sewed a Christmas pillow for a friend.  I appliqued the trees, did a little stitching, and added ric rac.


I kept an opening on the back so a pillow form could be used inside.  I like to buy my pillow forms at IKEA and cut and sew it down to the size I want.


I couldn't wait to share the next gifts I made, these adorable Raggedy Ann dolls.  I bought the patterns from Raggedy Old Annies.  I've always have loved her dolls and I've admired them for years, so finally I bought the patterns to make some myself.  Aren't they adorable?  I thought a few of my little nieces might enjoy them.



I'm keeping the littlest one (above).  Well, I couldn't give them all away!  She is really little, less than a foot tall.  I love her shoes!


The next smallest one.  They also have cute little bloomers under their dress that I didn't take a picture of.


These last two are the largest dolls I made.  I love their heart lips!


I had so much fun picking out the fabrics for their dresses.  These were so much fun to make, I just might have to make more for my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

  1. I have been think of making these myself. How difficult are they to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pillow. I would love to invite you for the christmas pillow linky party in my blog. Please do come and join with your lovely pillow. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice and cute pillow. I would love to invite you for the christmas pillow linky party in my blog. Please do come and join the party with your cute pillow. thank you

    ReplyDelete