The picture frames are hung and the pillows are sewn. Now I need to fill the frames with the kid's artwork and such. I bought the oval frames at secondhand stores for the kids' silhouettes, I think they turned out cute. The other frames I bought at IKEA, Ross, and one that I had on hand. At first I didn't know if I should do the all the frames black, or white, but then I saw collages with different types and I think that worked out best for me.
Using the paper templates for the frames made organizing and hanging up the frames a breeze. I'm happy with the arrangement.
For the pillows I ended up using an invisible zipper. The first one I used a pocket method, but since a few of the pillows have different fabrics on the back, I wanted to be able to flip them if I wanted. I stumbled across a pile of free decorators fabric samples last fall that I used for most of the pillows, you can't beat free. I bought the pillow inserts at IKEA, which were inexpensive . The pillow inserts were 20", but I wanted a smaller size, so I sewed the inserts smaller making the pillow more firm and to the size I wanted. It actually worked out perfectly.