Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Sweet Apron


I made four aprons for some graduating seniors girls from church.  Since this would probably be the first apron they'd own, I wanted it to be cute enough they would want to wear it.  I used Meadowsweet fabric by Sandi Henderson and added a ruffle and a gathered pocket.  I used some binding to trim the pocket.   I came up with my own pattern to get just what I wanted.  I'm happy with how they turned out.


I had to make the pocket puff out a little so a hand could fit into it.  I think it gives it extra charm. 


Now if I could only teach the boys in the house (including hubby who took this one) how to take a picture without cutting off a head or something else.


By the way we have this shrub/tree plant that has these pretty flowers, does anyone know what the plant is called?


No comments:

Post a Comment